Before registering please read classes Policies
Online art classes are delivered using Zoom platform and Google Classroom tools. Students need to have Zoom and Google accounts to access the classes, and have such tools, as web camera, microphone, and any camera or scanner to take pictures of their artworks.
Minimum number of students in virtual class: 6 people. Under-enrolled groups may be cancelled or moved to another time.
Maximum number of students: 10.
- Art instructor will provide live online class, that include theoretical material (lecture, slides and/or video), demonstration of techniques and supervised time for students to work on their projects. Part of the projects is supposed to be completed as “homework”. Students will need to post pictures of their completed works and their questions on Google classroom website in order to get feedback.
- Students are responsible for getting their own art supplies. Supply lists for every class are published on the respective pages of the website.
- Art instructor is not responsible for any instability of internet connection on the student’s side. There will be no make-ups or refunds in such cases.
- In case of the connection problems on the instructor’s side, or other problems leading to inability to teach one particular lesson, it will be moved to another day or time, previously discussed with the students.
- In case of instructor’s inability to teach the classes, due to illness or other circumstances, students will receive a full refund.
- In a situation of pandemic there may be other unforeseen circumstances that will lead to changes in the schedule and/or classes cancellation.
- Parents are kindly asked to make sure that their children have all needed art supplies and tech support before the online session starts. Also, eating snacks is not encouraged during the lessons.
PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
Payment is usually made for the 1-month block (the actual number of classes may vary), e.g. $60 for 4-week children’s class.
Not all kids can learn remotely. Upon special request, you can ask to try the first class before you decide if it is a good fit for your child.
Payment is made via credit card. Customers will receive invoices for the classes that they can pay online. Paypal may be used in exceptional situations (international payment). Paper checks or cash are currently not accepted.
All classes should be prepaid before you get the links to the video sessions and online classroom.
Payment will not be collected until the group reaches the minimal number of students (6).
After the class has started, no refunds will be made, if student decides to withdraw, with the exception of unemployment or serious illness. Schedule changes are NOT considered as exceptional situation.
One trial class may be made upon agreement with the instructor.
Payment for the summer program is made for the 4-classes block, plus the $5 registration fee.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
I will send the invoices and welcome letters once the class reaches the minimal number of students.
In case when the student wants to withdraw from the program, they need to notify me via email. A full refund minus the registration fee will be issued if the student drops out at least one day before the classes start. After the beginning of the block, the student can get a refund for the second week only. No refunds or payment transfers to other blocks will be made for missed classes.
VIDEO AND PHOTO RECORDING
Per Massachusetts Recording Law, recording of online lessons is prohibited without a clear two-party consent. If the lesson needs to be recorded for whatever reason, the participants will be informed and may agree or not agree to that. The studio is NOT responsible for any secret screenshots, photographing or recording made by other participants.
CONDUCT CODE DURING THE ZOOM ART LESSONS
Students are required to participate in all activities (watching samples, discussions or group critiques, or working independently on a project). As it’s essential to see the student’s progress during the class, I require that the student’s cameras will be turned on at least when we are reviewing the works. Additionally, the artwork can be sent to the instructor via Google Classroom and reviewed in one-on one private chat.
Common sense code of participation in online classes includes quiet and well-lit setting, appropriate clothing, no excessive or rude conversation, etc.
Drinks and snacks are allowed during the class only is they are not distracting the student and other participants from the class.
All student participants are expected to properly use the zoom platform: mute/unmute functions, chat, non-verbal tools of communication, etc.
Students are expected to mute the microphones during the instructor’s demo, slideshows and one-on-one discussion with other participants. During the open discussion I’d ask to refrain from unrelated topics and excessive talking.
In case of inappropriate, offensive or destructive behavior, it may be recorded, and such student may be asked to quit the class. No refund will be issued in such case.
These rules are subject to change.
For Grades 1-4: 4 X 1.15-hour class – $70
For Grades 4-7: 4 X 1.5- hour class – $85
One-time registration fee: $5
CHILDREN’S REGULAR CLASSES:
$15/hour per person. Discounted price for siblings: $25 for 2 people.
CLASSES FOR TEENS AND ADULTS:
$20 per person for 90-min class.