Realistic Drawing for Children
This class is designed to introduce students to the basic concepts of drawing: using line, shading and composition (placement of the objects on paper). The main topics will be: linear and tonal drawing, hatching techniques, 2D and 3D forms, lights and shadows, and more. During the classes, we’ll be drawing mostly from references, that will both examples of great master’s drawings, and photographs. Also, students will be encouraged to draw from real observation when working t=on their home assignments. The projects include compositions with geometrical objects, still life, things from everyday life, gesture and/or nature sketching.
Suggested supplies list:
- Pencils. Graphite pencils of various hardness: 6B, 4B, 2B, B, HB, H, 2H. (Starting pencil set will be great). Best brands to buy are: Derwent, Faber-Castell, Caran d’Ache, Gretacolor;
- Pencil sharpening tools;
- Drawing paper pad, min size 9×12″;
- Vine charcoal of different hardness (in sticks);
- White chalk pencil or just chalk stick;
- Blending stumps, or tortillions.